Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dear Duke, Go Suck It.....xoxo, Temple

Tonight, my blog name is only a half-truth; the way I'm dressed leaves a lot to be desired, but I am completely indulging the inner tomboy.


God, I love college basketball.  I reallyreallyreally love college basketball.  


I hear this affliction commonly happens to people like me- people who have Philadelphia, PA listed as birthplace on their birth certificates.  (I think this also makes it completely okay to teach your child to scream "Yankees/Mets/Cowboys/Giants SUCK" at the top of their lungs).  Throw in 4 years at a Big 5, hoops-obsessed college, and you pretty much become a bball nutjob.  I'm okay with this.


What's more--I love to watch David beat Goliath, probably more than most people, considering I never grew bigger than the average 11 year old boy.  Watching Temple beat Duke (aka the evil empire) brought me such great pleasure- can't wipe the grin off my face.  Go Owls.


I had such lofty goals of writing a heartfelt blog about some great career and life advice I just received---but all I'm capable of writing is "Suck it, Duke."  There's always tomorrow for me to get back to business.


New Experience:  Today's new experience is a very public admission of something that I find to be deeply shameful.  I once LIKED Duke. I told you this was shameful.  The year was 1992.  Many things were shameful about 1992, not the least of which is the fact that I was still going through a can of Aqua Net at an average rate of every 2 days.  The stage was the Spectrum.  It was the shot that did me in- the Kentucky shot.  Who am I kidding?   It was because Christian Laettner was hot.  Shame, shame, shameful, shameful, shame--- and now you all know about it.  (PS- Christian Laettner is still hot).  


Good deed du jour:  The Wounded Warrior Project's mission is to foster the most successful, well-adjusted generation of wounded service members in our nation's history.  Honor, respect and remember the service and the sacrifice. Wounded Warrior puts it more eloquently than I ever could--the greatest casualty is being forgotten.    


The Devil is Blue,
Little Miss Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment