Sunday, January 8, 2012

15 is God's favorite number

New experience of the day:  I Tebowed.

I love the city of Denver.   That's not the reason I'm a Broncos fan. The reason that I'm a Broncos fan is because the Eagles made an abhorrent personnel decision and didn't let Brian Dawkins retire as an Eagle.  It's been years.  I'm still bitter.  Apparently, the Eagles don't value their emotional leaders.  Idiots.  Yeah, I'm definitely still bitter.

You hear about women following their men across the country all the time, though I never thought I'd be one of them.  I'm one of them.  My inner tomboy and my Sunday loyalty followed Dawk to Denver, and a Broncos fan was born.

Of course, I am aware of the fact that Dawk didn't play tonight.  Tim Tebow did, though, and Tim Tebow rocks.  AWESOME.  I'm surprised that I didn't lose my voice.

Tim Tebow certainly would not approve of my initial reaction to the overtime play:  holy f***ing shit.  I am hopeful, however, that he would appreciate the Tebow that I performed on the second floor of my house on a Sunday night.

Unsurprisingly, I'm a champion of the underappreciated.  I certainly hope that the Johns Elway and Fox now properly acknowledge a very special player that they very publicly doubted a few months ago.   Technical skills can be taught.  Heart, passion, and character cannot.   I don't care if Tim Tebow wins another game this year- he's a winner.

In other news, why is Ben Roethlisberger dressed like a pimp?

Moving on.  To be filed under "Evidence of the Decline of Civilization":

There are few things in life that I am unable and unwilling to live without, and the sheer perfection that is the Dunkin Donuts Mocha Swirl Iced Latte (with double whipped cream) is one of them.  I've been warned that they contain about 572,286,143 calories.  I don't care.  I believe this habit costs me about $1,200 a year.  Again, I don't care.  I don't dare start a day without one.

With this as background, it's safe to say that I spend an inordinate amount of time at Dunkin Donuts. In this time at DD, I've observed a disturbing human behavioral trend.  When did it become okay to start your order with "Give me" or "I need"?  Whatever happened to "please"?  There were three people ahead of me in line today, and EVERY SINGLE ONE kicked off their order with a "give me", hold the please.  Manners, people, manners.  If your parents taught them to you, dust them off and break them out.  If your parents didn't teach them to you, I have a three year old who can introduce you to the words "please" and "thank you."   There are many things that are expensive and/or cost-prohibitive in this world.  Luckily, good manners are free, and what's more, they're priceless.

#20 would be proud,

Little Miss Sunshine

PS- Adopted a soldier today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment